We all know that the first dance is one of the highlights of any wedding. In one of the previous posts (click here) we discussed how to choose your perfect song and what are the don’ts to watch out for when making that all important choice (awkward lyrics anyone?) and even though the song should be meaningful for you, here is a list of our top 6 at the moment:
- CAN’T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU – while the original by The Four Seasons is cute, there are beautiful covers out there that sound more romantic and suitable for the first dance. Listen to Craymer’s version here or if a proper dancing song you can foxtrot to is what you’re after, check out this cover by DJ ICE
- ENDLESS LOVE – forgive this total cliché, but we just can’t help ourselves. Lionel Richie & Diana Ross will melt any heart with this beautiful balad
- Rock gods The Calling are probably not the first band which springs to mind when thinking about you first dance but the cover of their cult song WHEREVER YOU WILL GO by Charlene Soraia is one of the most beautiful songs of all time (listen to it here)
- We would get booed if we didn’t add some Ed to our list. His beautiful PERFECT is a new classic in the making and while sometimes the most obvious choice may be the best one why not listen to this version by the brilliant Emma Heester & KHS
- Because there really is no rule that says your first dance needs to be a slow ballad we think Eva Cassidy’s CHEEK TO CHEEK would bring a smile on your face and a spring in your step with its cheerful melody and jazzy feel
- And finally, for those who would prefer an instrumental musical masterpiece we love SOMEWHERE IN TIME by John Barry
Hope you find this helpful! Let us know what your favourite love songs of all time are and follow us on social media for more posts like this.